Web Developer I, Health Professional & Education at Wolters Kluwer Health
Freelance | Greater Philadelphia | March 2019–Present
- Maintain the content and imagery for multiple solution suites across wolterskluwer.com in Sitecore, and provide accessibility and search engine optimization services in tandem with updates
- Worked closely with Lippincott Solutions and Lippincott Nursing Education teams in April 2020 to migrate content to their new CMS, Sitecore, by creating copy decks for both the U.S. and Australian websites; the copy decks facilitated a smooth transfer through pre-written, organized content structured in an easy copy-paste format for the components of the new site
- Worked closely with HLRP (Lippincott Solutions, Solutions Australia, Medicine, Journals, Books, Nursing Education, and Nursing Students; Society Meeting Solutions) and CE (Emmi; Lexicomp; Medi-Span; and UpToDate) teams, from April 2020 through April 2021, to migrate their prior websites to Sitecore
Owner, Freelance Web/Graphic Designer at Mayumi Designs
Self-employed | Brookhaven, PA | December 2009–Present
- Current client: Wolters Kluwer Health
- Previous clients: Show Stoppers Unlimited, HandyMaurer, and Harmony Day Spa & Salon, LLC
- Created domain, hosting, and functionality for my prior clients’ sites using GoDaddy and Google services
- Consulting, creation, and maintenance for many health solutions throughout wolterskluwer.com
- Designed, developed, and maintained full websites for harmonydss.com, handymaurer.com, and showstoppersunlimited.com
- Created numerous forms used within Harmony’s business
- Designed a logo for magnetic trailer and truck signs for HandyMaurer
Digital Producer, Digital Experience Group at Main Line Health
Full-time | Radnor, PA | May 2014–March 2020
Previous title: Web Production Specialist
- Project lead for Doctor.com DataManager, the new physician data warehouse that, in early 2020, became the source of truth for all systems across the organization that currently host inconsistent data from disparate sources.
- Co-wrote the organization’s first Editorial Standards Style Guide, establishing the tone, style, and voice of Main Line Health across all print and digital media.
- A main contributor, along with the three other web team members, to the 18-month, $1.5 million mainlinehealth.org redesign project, which resulted in the new website going live in October 2016.
- Owned the development, delivery, and tracking of all email campaigns—including many formats from newsletters to automated drip campaigns—sent through the client’s email marketing service or other delivery methods as appropriate.
- Reviewed and approved content from contributors outside of the web team as part of our workflow process before it is published online.
- Taxonomy management for event-related content imported via the organization’s contact center platform. This included “tagging” of individual content items with related specialties, services, conditions, tests, treatments, and locations, leveraging a thorough understanding of the organization, its services, and clinical terminology.
- Creation and management of event content and relevant taxonomy terms managed outside of the organization’s contact center, including support groups and other programs which do not require registration.
- Performed quality assurance, ensuring all pages view and function correctly, including ongoing remediation of broken links, misspellings, and WCAG 2.0 accessibility issues.
- Ensured all content is consistent with web content guidelines, web accessibility compliance, and are optimized for search engines while ensuring UX, UI, and brand standards.
- Analyzed and inventoried existing content to identify improvements and updates needed in support of new digital projects.
- Met regularly with internal stakeholders to assess communication needs and offer our departmental support/expertise.
- Consulted with internal departments that represent secondary audiences (e.g., HR, clinically integrated network, development, graduate medical education) to provide solutions as necessary.
- Participated in overall marketing strategy to recommend and implement content strategies for specific campaigns/programs.
- Consulted with internal marketing team and digital agencies on digital marketing efforts.
- Leveraged analytic reports and recommendations from digital agencies to make appropriate adjustments to all digital areas, including design/usability, architecture, and technical functions.
Online Marketing Associate, Strategic Marketing and Communications at Temple University
Contract | Philadelphia, PA | September 2012–May 2014
- Scheduled, created, and edited client requested HTML emails to be sent to various alumni groups
- Created and maintained alumni.temple.edu and giving.temple.edu, including the addition of new events and giving designations
- Handled client relations for the approval of all website content and alumni emails
- Gathered giving and email reports and social statistics weekly for the online marketing dashboard
- Performed a variety of other tasks associated with the upkeep of the alumni and giving websites and for the coworkers in the department (e.g., created print materials for a range of alumni events, helped to maintain list of designation IDs, downloaded relevant files to the shared drive from the intranet site)
Sales Associate, Boscov’s- Granite Run Mall
Full-time | Media, PA | October 2011–December 2012
- Worked in the cash office keeping track of store cash inventory and preparing the daily deposits
- Courtesy Desk communications liaison, took care of customer services as needed
Church Secretary, Presbyterian Church of Coraopolis
Part-time | Coraopolis, PA | April 2011–September 2011
- Composed and prepared paper bulletins for both weekend services
- Maintained all bulletin boards with up-to-date information throughout the church
- Composed, prepared, and mailed newsletters, et al for the congregation including the shut-ins
- Prepared print materials needed for the Elders for Session every month
- Handled daily tasks of answering phone calls and emails, assisting those who visit the church that day and direct any of the a fore mentioned items to the necessary people/committee
- Maintained church registry and membership records
- Created and upheld working order of the office and its products and supplies, ordering more when needed
Media Services and Video Technician, Office of Residence Life at Slippery Rock University
Part-time | Slippery Rock, PA | September 2007–July 2010
- Maintained all 100+ Residence Life web pages on sru.edu
- Recreated Residence Life section on the new server for the redesigned SRU website
- Encoded student/employee cards to work on online/offline locks (via computer)
- Reconfigured the offline locks for all doors in the Residential Suites on campus (via computer, PDA)
- Created 3D models for several room styles in Google SketchUp which was used in an office pamphlet